Thursday, April 8, 2010

Warning -> Avertissement

I am currently looking at a bag from the wine store, Nicolas, where I bought a nice Bordeaux for my dinner tonight with Christine & Jean-Charles (my landlords). Anywho, on the side of the bag, there is a warning that says: "L'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé, sachez apprécier avec modération" (Alcohol is detrimental to your health; drink in moderation). Ok, it makes sense on the side of bag from a nice wine store. However, the first place I saw this warning was on a poster advertising a series of strong beers called Explorator, Navigator, and Maximator (go here to see a picture). These beers were created for one reason, and one reason only: to get drunk. Now, I am not a fan of beer, so I have never tasted them. But I hear they are pretty nasty.

It's similar to the French warning on cigarette cartons: "Fumer tue" (Smoking kills). Upon seeing one of these warnings, I have a feeling of "yuh-duh!"

In other news, I have had a nice week. Despite the fact that I can't seem to sleep past 5:30 AM, I enjoyed most of the week. Tuesday was an absolutely gorgeous day. I mean, it was absolutely perfect! I couldn't enjoy it like I wanted to - I had to finish a long homework assignment - but I was able to sit out in the garden to work!

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment