Friday, March 5, 2010

Quel francophone!

What a great couple of days! On Wednesday, from the moment I woke up, I felt a little "blah." After buying a book for class, I headed to Monoprix to find the biggest bag of candy I could find. Before I even had a chance to break into the bag of "Lion Chocolate Bars," I received a call from Anthony, one of the young artists I met a few weeks ago. I had forgotten that we were to go out that night. That lifted my spirits. Though, that didn't stop me from devouring half of the bag of Lions. Delicious!

Taylor and I met up with Anthony, his girlfriend, and Nazhli at St. Michel, where I discovered a brass band playing a collection of songs including "Hot Stuff - Donna Summer," "Gangstas Paradise - Coolio," and "Brain Stew - Green Day." Anthony had a place in mind that happened to be right behind the fountain at St. Michel: Happy Days Diner. We had cheeseburgers, milkshakes, cheesecake and cokes in a 1960s setting. Thoroughly enjoyable. The three artists taught us how to say "I don't care/give a shit" several different ways in French. They all included male genitalia.

Yesterday, we had Patrick's class, which is, as always, very entertaining. In class I shared my discovery of the Lion bars, and brought one for everyone so they could experience a small piece of the happiness I felt when I was eating half a bag the day before. Seriously, these bars are delicious. They are not too big, not too sweet, not to heavy. They are just right! I ended up giving four to Patrick to supplement his breakfast, lunch, and dinner. After screwing around for a few hours, Taylor and I spent some quality time with Patrick practicing our French and expressing our frustrations and concerns thus far.

I had to cut the conversation in order to make it back to my apartment before dinner with my landlords at 7:30. After a stop by Happy, where I bought them a bouquet of white roses and purple tulips, I came home, changed, and headed downstairs. To my surprise, what do I find in there apartment? One of their grandsons - Vincent! I love kids. After a great meal that Christine prepared herself, I read Vincent a bedtime story and retired myself for the evening.

When I woke up this morning, the sky was absolutely beautiful:


À bientôt,
Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment