Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day Light Savings Time

I have had quite a "I love the world" day!

Although I did not get the best night sleep last night, I woke up excited for the morning. While on my way to school, I saw some water trickling down the edge of the street, and I realized then and there how fascinating water is! I'm not going to get into all that right now, but let me tell you that one of my fondest memories of being a kid was playing out on the sidewalk in front of the house during a rain storm and making dams with bricks.

Second realization today came with my flowers that I bought on sunday. I have absolutely no idea what they are called, but they are beautiful. So full, so colorful, so fun.

Third realization came while I was eating dinner. It was 8:30 and it was still light outside! Spring + Day Light Savings Time + Western edge of the time zone means that the sky doesn't start to get really dark until around 9:15. Super!

Fourth realization was just about how much I love spring. It's such a happy time of year. And it makes me feel so alive. This is one of the few times that I wish I lived out in the country so I could really see the season change. One of the two trees in the courtyard outside my window has turned completely green, while the other remains completely dormant. It's intersting to compare the two; you usually don't get two trees like that side by side.

Ok, enough Rousseau-ing for one night.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment