Monday, February 15, 2010

10 days

Quelle décade! These past 10 days have just flown by. Luke arrived last friday, Feb. 5th, and it has been a whirlwind ever since. To list everything we did would be ridiculous (and extremely difficult), so I will just talk about the highlights.

On the morning of Friday, Feb. 12th, Luke and I headed to Versailles. Yes, I went to Versailles again, and I had just as much fun as before! We did the usual: Chateau, Petit Venise, Grand Trianon. We went through all the public rooms at the Petit Trianon. However, just as we were about to head down the central staircase, the docent asked us if we wanted to go on a free, private tour of the private rooms. I died. Or at least, I went to heaven. Obviously we agreed, and 20 minutes later, I was translating the more interesting facts from our guide's spiel for Luke. It was an absolutely fantastic experience. However, I think I got myself a little too worked up, because shortly after the tour was finished, my stomach began to hurt, the first time since my arrival in January.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. You all know that. Luke and I did some toursity things in the morning, came home for a bit of respite, and then headed out to find a restaurant for dinner. Luke wanted to go to the Marais, AKA the Gayborhood and Jewville. We quickly found a restaurant with a decent prix fixe and began our slow journey through dinner. 3 courses, 2 bottles of wine, 2 glasses of champagne, and 3 hours later, we headed out to the Eiffel Tower. It was very romantic.

Luke left this morning, and class began anew shortly after his departure. I will download my pictures from my camera tomorrow afternoon and hopefully post one or two tomorrow evening.

À toute à l'heure,
-Dave

1 comment:

  1. The highlights started a week after he arrived? I can't wait until we get there!

    ReplyDelete