Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Coffee Parisien


Yesterday evening, Taylor and Lindsay came over to accompany me to a café called "Coffee Parisien." We walk in, and there is no table, so we wait at the bar. Then Lindsay points out "The specials are in English!" We turn around, and a waitress comes by with a cheeseburger and milkshake. On the wall is a painting of the American flag. Playing on the radio were songs like Gangstas Paradise and YMCA. We had ended up in a Parisian rendition of an American diner.

I suggested we go down to the square to find a real café. But everything was closed! So we found ourselves back at "Coffee Parisien." Taylor got water, Lindsay a cappuccino, and I got a "Docteur Péppeur." We split an app of tortilla chips and guacamole.

Ironic isn't it? I live in a tourist-free zone, and the first restaurant I tried was American!
Well, it's raining, and I should probably get ready to head to class.

À dieu,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment