Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Up a wee bit early

Following my sister's advice, Taylor and I ventured to the pharmacy during our break yesterday to get some medicaments for our various symptoms. The pharmacist was very nice, and gave us both a different regiment: Both Taylor and I are to drink a spoonful of this liquid three times-a-day, while I, in addition, need to take Sudafed. We each bought our potions, went back to NYU, and took a shot each of the liquid. I took the Sudafed.

What a bad idea. I could not focus in class to save my life! I'm sure Patrick thought I was being a dunderhead, but I just could not keep both of my eyes on one thing! One would look left, one would look right, no happy harmony. Though, I could feel the expectorant working, loosening up my lungs and throat.

After class, we had a group meeting at Notre Dame de Passy, where NYU told us about the various cultural activities that would be happening this semester. Afterwards, they presented us (when I say us, I mean 95% of the program, so probably close to 200 people) with an enormous buffet on 3 long tables. They said "Bon Appetit," and everyone rushed the tables. Somehow, in the chaos, all I ended up getting was on piece of baguette. Boring. Oh well. I gave up, and sat down to watch the madness, the whole time considering how this scene would be different in Britain: There would be a single file queue from each row, no pushing, no free-for-all. I like rules.

Then some of us headed down to the Pont Neuf to catch a boat cruise on a bateau mouche, paid for by NYU of course. It was very nice, very enjoyable. However, to get the best views, one really needed to position oneself on the roof of the boat. Nothing like standing on the roof of moving boat that is heading down the Seine in the middle of January. Brrrrrr. I'm getting cold just thinking about it. In order to speak to anyone, it was necessary to talk really loudly, which, in the end, was not great for my throat. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

I came home, made some dinner, did some homework, played a little "Street Fighters" for Sega Genesis, took another shot of liquid and a Sudafed and went to bed. Oops. Another bad plan. Yes, I had no trouble getting to sleep, but I woke up somewhere around 4:45. Again, oh well. That just means I will have plenty of time to eat breakfast! Yum.

I feel much better today, thank you for asking. I should have just gone to the pharmacy on Sunday when I started feeling sick.

Off to eat some coco-krispies!
-Dave

1 comment:

  1. See! Aren't I going to make an excellent doctor? ;)

    PS. Sudafed is no good. Try Claritin or Zyrtec instead next time.

    ReplyDelete